Dandelion Wine -- Ray D. Bradbury - Paperback
- Could leap from the sky like a chimpanzee from a vine.
- Could live underwater two minutes and slide fifty yards downstream.
- Could hit baseballs into apple trees, knocking down harvests.
- Could jump six-foot orchard walls.
- Ran laughing.
- Sat easy.
- Was not a bully.
- Was kind.
- Knew the words to all the cowboy songs and would teach you if you asked.
- Knew the names of all the wild flowers and when the moon would rise or set and when the tides came in or out. He was, in fact, the only god living in the whole of Green Town, Illinois, during the twentieth century that Douglas Spaulding knew of. " Ray] Bradbury is an authentic original."--Time
Author: Ray D. Bradbury
Publisher: Spectra Books
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 6.94h x 4.24w x 0.70d
Reading Level: 6
Point Value: 10
Interest Level: Upper Grade
Quiz #/Name: 528 / Dandelion Wine
Christian Century 10/21/2008 pg. 32
About the Author
Ray Bradbury is America's foremost writer of science fiction and fantasy. Among his most popular adult books are Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, The Illustrated Man, Dandelion Wine, and Death is a Lonely Business. In addition, he has written several books for children, including Switch on the Night.
He lives in Los Angeles.