Confident Parents, Confident Kids: Raising Emotional Intelligence in Ourselves and Our Kids--from Toddlers to Teenagers [Paperback] Miller, Jennifer S. - Paperback
- the lies we've been told about emotions, how they shape our choices, and how we can reshape our parenting decisions in better alignment with our deepest values.
- how to identify the temperaments your child was born with so you can support those tendencies rather than fight them.
- how to align your biggest hopes and dreams for your kids with specific skills that can be practiced, along with new research to support those powerful connections.
- about each age and stage your child goes through and the range of learning opportunities available.
- how to identify and manage those big emotions (that only the parenting process can bring out in us!) and how to model emotional intelligence for your children.
- how to deal with the emotions and influences of your choir--the many outside individuals and communities who directly impact your child's life, including school, the digital world, extended family, neighbors, and friends.
Author: Jennifer S. Miller
Publisher: Fair Winds Press (MA)
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.90h x 6.00w x 0.60d
About the Author
Jennifer S. Miller, MEd, is the founder of the site Confident Parents, Confident Kids (confidentparentsconfidentkids.org) and has twenty years of experience working with parents, educators, and other adults to help them become more effective with children through social and emotional learning. She is a regular expert contributor to the NBC Education Nation's Parent Toolkit and has contributed articles or interviews to popular publications such as The Washington Post, Parent Magazine, The Huffington Post, and more. Jennifer earned her master's degree in education with a focus on social and emotional development from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She lives with her husband and son in Columbus, Ohio.
Product Attributes: Child development, Conflict Resolution, Emotions, Fair Winds Press (MA), Family & Relationships, Family / Parenting / Childbirth, Jennifer S. Miller, Paperback, Parenting, Self-Help