A Guide to Midwestern Conversation -- Taylor Kay Phillips - Hardcover
- How to announce that you hate something beyond comprehension ("I didn't really care for it")
- What counts as "a short drive" (less than eight hours)
- Sports talk (starts early, doesn't end till we're six feet under)
- Describing the ultimate dream home ("It's got a finished basement")
- An ode to the Garage Fridge
Including an array of guides, tips, and profiles of all the states included, A Guide to Midwestern Conversation is guaranteed to make Midwesterners (and their friends) laugh out loud, nod their heads, and ask if "anyone needs anything real quick while I'm up."
Author: Taylor Kay Phillips
Publisher: Ten Speed Press
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 8.10h x 6.10w x 0.80d
About the Author
Taylor Kay Phillips is an Emmy-Award winning writer and comedian originally from Kansas City, Missouri. She currently works for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on HBO. Her work has appeared in The New Yorker, McSweeney's Internet Tendency, and Reductress among others. She lives in Harlem with her husband and three coffee makers.
Jovaney Hollingsworth grew up in the Bahamas but often visited his grandparents in Michigan, where he loved the iconic nostalgia of the Midwest. Eventually moving to Minnesota, Jovaney combined this American iconography with the bright Caribbean color palette and turned it into a successful career as a graphic designer and illustrator.