Prescription for Admission: A Doctor's Guide for Navigating the Hospital, Advocating for Yourself, and Having a Better Hospitalization -- Mph Monique Nugent - Paperback
When you're already sick, injured, or in pain, a hospital visit adds more stress to an already overwhelming situation. Every step is often too confusing, too opaque, and too cumbersome for patients to feel fully in control.
With the right knowledge, your hospitalization can be a positive experience full of the comfort, communication, and compassion you deserve.
In Prescription for Admission, hospitalist Dr. Monique Nugent simplifies acute hospitalizations to help you receive better treatment and improve your experience. Whether you're facing a trip to the ER, an unexpected inpatient stay, or a planned hospitalization for cancer treatment, this complete guide provides the critical information you need to navigate the hospital-so you can stay calm, feel confident, and focus on healing after a health crisis.
- What to expect during an average four- to five-day hospital stay-and how to prepare for a future hospital visit today.
- A behind-the-scenes look at the health care system, including urgent care and emergency medicine.
- Tips to help you stay mentally grounded, communicate more effectively with your doctor and nurse, and advocate for yourself.
- Advice for a stress-free discharge, whether to a long-term care facility or home.
- A downloadable, fillable Quick Guide to the Hospital-your handy grab-and-go document in case of emergency.
A hospital is meant to be a place for support, not frustration and confusion. Purchase Prescription for Admission now and prepare for your next hospital visit as an active participant in your health!
Author: Mph Monique Nugent
Publisher: Charm Publishing
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.50h x 5.50w x 0.48d