Note to Self: A Music Director's Guide for Transitioning to a New School and Building a Thriving Music Program -- Adrian GordonRegular price $19.99
Music programs aren't all the same. Making the transition to a new music teaching position isn't always as simple as reading sheet music. Changing schools means big career changes, different kids, and entering into an already-established music program with its own entrenched culture.
Smooth your move to a new school for yourself, your music program, and your students with a plan and some intentional actions.
Whether you're a fresh teacher finding your rhythm or a veteran educator getting ready for the next gig, Note to Self is your guide to navigating the transition to your new music teaching job while preserving your physical, emotional, and mental health. With straightforward advice and ideas, get the expert help you need to prepare your new classroom for learning success, and start building the rock star music program that every student deserves.
- What to expect during the transition and the first years in your new music director role.
- Essential summer prep with a beginning-of-the-year checklist.
- Ideas for creating community in music class and filling a void in students' musical journeys.
- How to get people on board with your vision for the music program (and how to work with those who aren't).
- Self-care for a balanced daily life during new-job stress-despite assessments to grade, parents to email, and lesson plans to develop.
You got the job-now get ready for it! Read Note to Self and step into your new music director position prepared for a better school year.
Author: Adrian Gordon
Publisher: Leap Year Music Publishing
Binding Type: Paperback
Size: 8.50h x 5.50w x 0.28d