How to Fight Racism: A Guide to Standing Up for Racial Justice -- Jemar TisbyRegular price $17.99 Sale price $13.99
Racism and social justice are important topics kids are dealing with today. In this adaptation of How to Fight Racism for young readers ages 8-12, Dr. Jemar Tisby helps kids understand how everyday prejudice affects them and what they can do to create social change. Inside, he explains the history of racism in America and why it is so prevalent, as well as uses Christian principles to provide practical tools and advice kids can use to develop and maintain an anti-racist mindset and make a positive difference in the world.
Racism is pervasive in today's world, and in the wake of protests and a call for change, many kids are eager to confront it but aren't always sure how. Jemar Tisby, author of How to Fight Racism and The Color of Compromise, believes we need to move beyond mere discussions about racism and begin equipping young people with the practical tools to fight against it.
In How to Fight Racism Young Reader's Edition, Dr. Tisby uses history to explore how racism has affected America since before its founding and how it's continued to grow, as well as examines how true social justice is rooted in the Christian faith. In a format that provides kids with a handbook for pursuing racial justice, readers ages 8-12 will discover:
- hands-on suggestions and real-world examples of change they can put into action
- practical ideas for confronting racism in their everyday lives, and how they can use Christian values to change the narrative around race
- the ARC of racial justice--Awareness, Connection, and Relationships--that help form an anti-racist mindset
- ways to evaluate their actions and promote biblical principles
Throughout, kids will learn how to ask questions of themselves and their communities as they stand up to racism in all its forms. This book is for anyone who believes it is time to courageously confront the racism we see in our society today.
How to Fight Racism Young Reader's Edition:
- Is ideal for any young person wanting to make a difference in today's world
- Can be used by families and church groups to start meaningful conversations with kids
- Is written at a level kids in grades 4 through 6 and beyond can understand
Author: Jemar Tisby
Binding Type: Hardcover
Size: 8.40h x 5.60w x 0.90d
Audience: Ages 9-12
Booklist 12/15/2021 pg. 92