Blacks & Blues - Humphrey,Bobbi - LP
Vinyl LP pressing. Flutist Bobbi Humphrey found wide success with Blacks and Blues (1973), her breakout third album for Blue Note, working with the Mizell Brothers (who had recently hooked up with Donald Byrd to produce the trumpeter's landmark album Black Byrd) to create a jazz-funk classic for the ages featuring the standout track "Harlem River Drive." Humphrey's alluring flute and breezy vocals paired with Larry Mizell's compelling R&B jazz fusion compositions and production proved a winning combination.
- Disc 1, Track: 1 - Chicago, Damn (Side A)
- Disc 1, Track: 2 - Harlem River Drive (Side A)
- Disc 1, Track: 3 - Just a Love Child (Side A)
- Disc 1, Track: 4 - Blacks and Blues (Side B)
- Disc 1, Track: 5 - Jasper Country Man (Side B)
- Disc 1, Track: 6 - Baby's Gone (Side B)