Beautiful Dreams - Lang,Acantha - CD
In a few short years, rising Robert Randolph collaborator Acantha Lang has swiftly become one of modern soul music's best-kept secrets - building a dedicated fanbase through her "Standing On The Shoulders Of..." Soul series where she honors past Stax and soul legends with spirited reimaginings of jukebox classics. Come June 30th, Lang will release her debut album 'Beautiful Dreams' a record that's destined to propel her from an undiscovered gem into the pantheon of modern soul greats. With Acantha's takes on Stax-inspired funk with Southern blues, she tells highly personal tales atop spirited, shimmering grooves. Acantha's storytelling style harkens to age-old blues traditions while grounding itself in contemporary themes, delivering head-on lyrical attacks on fake news (the tell-all "He Said/She Said"), odes to motherly love in the wake of Katrina's disaster (the gripping "Lois Lang"), and celebrations of Black strength and womanhood with confidence and pride.
- Disc 1, Track: 1 - Sugar Woman
- Disc 1, Track: 2 - Come Back Home
- Disc 1, Track: 3 - Beautiful Dreams
- Disc 1, Track: 4 - Eventually
- Disc 1, Track: 5 - He Said / She Said
- Disc 1, Track: 6 - Interlude: A Word from My Momma
- Disc 1, Track: 7 - Lois Lang
- Disc 1, Track: 8 - River Keep Runnin'
- Disc 1, Track: 9 - It's Gonna Be Alright
- Disc 1, Track: 10 - Carry the Weight
- Disc 1, Track: 11 - Whatever Happened to Our Love?
- Disc 1, Track: 12 - Keep on
- Disc 1, Track: 13 - Ride This Train (Extended Version)